January 25th....6:07am
Cullen has made his arrival! We were supposed to have a c-section on Friday the 28th but he had other plans! I woke up at 3am with contractions that were not going away; so Dan and I headed to the hospital as soon as Ms Sharon got to the house to watch Daniel. When we got to the hospital at 4:30am, I was already 6cm dilated. They took us to the O.R. and little man was here shortly after! So, I got the spontaneous birth experience that I had been hoping for!
Cullen has been perfect so far. He did have jaundice; so we had to lay him on a bili bed for a few days. I've had pretty good success with breast feeding so far. I am having to supplement with formular though. The past couple of days, he has had some congestion (which I think Daniel brought home from school). But he has been a trooper!
I couldn't have asked for a better big brother for Cullen. Daniel has been great so far with his baby brother! There hasn't been any major behavioral issues and he's slept through the night every night without any bad dreams, etc. Very exciting! :) (hopefully I'm not jinxing myself)

No comments:
Post a Comment